Terms and Conditions
- This website http://dafflibrary.org/, to be referred to as “DaffLibrary”, is operated by The American Daffodil Society which is a 501(c) 3 non-profit flower society incorporated in the United States of America.
- The American Daffodil Society (ADS) was founded in 1954 to promote wider interest in daffodils; to encourage scientific research and education on daffodil culture, breeding, diseases, pests, exhibiting, and testing; to encourage, coordinate, and sponsor shows and exhibitions of daffodils.
- The mission of the ADS is to be an internationally recognized not-for-profit association of individuals, organizations, companies, and/or universities dedicated to the encouragement of widespread interest in daffodils, and to research and education with respect to their culture, breeding, preservation, diseases, pests, testing and exhibition.
- By accessing “DaffLibrary” you agree to to abide by any and all of the following Terms and Conditions governing use of the “DaffLibrary”. The ADS may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. It is your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly.
- You will be deemed to have accepted any amended Terms and Conditions if you continue to make use of “DaffLibrary” after a change to the Terms and Conditions has been made.
- “DaffLibrary” is a collection of materials about daffodils over the past 60 years, and the ADS plans to make them available as items are scanned and permissions gained (when copyrights require it).
- By using “DaffLibrary” you agree to use it for lawful purposes.
- By using “DaffLibrary”, you agree not to attempt to obtain unauthorized access through whatever means to any part of “DaffLibrary”, which is restricted and to which you are not entitled to access.
- Failure to meet acceptable use terms are grounds for termination of access to “DaffLibrary”.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents, brands, and other intellectual property rights and all content (including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, applications and information) on “DaffLibrary” belong to the ADS or its licensors (which includes DaffLibrary suppliers), or appear with the permission of others who own the intellectual property rights.
- You may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, adapt to create a derived work, exploit, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use “DaffLibrary” content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use unless you have the written or email consent of the ADS.
- Use of “DaffLibrary” does not confer a right or license to use any copyright, design right or trademark of the ADS.
- Other owners and/or operators of websites may not link to “DaffLibrary” for commercial purposes without the written or email consent of the ADS. Links may be established for non-commercial purposes but that link must not open “DaffLibrary” within a frame of another website.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- “DaffLibrary” is provided on an “as is” basis and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the ADS excludes all representations or warranties (whether express or implied by law), including implied warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy and suitability for purpose. While the ADS uses reasonable endeavors to ensure that the content of “DaffLibrary” is accurate, it accepts no responsibility for errors, omissions or inaccurate content.
- The ADS will use reasonable effort to ensure a reliable web site, but does not warrant or guarantee “DaffLibrary” will be up and available 100% of the time. The content may not be free of spam or viruses and it is your responsibility to perform spam, virus, and other security checks to satisfy your personal computer or device requirements.
- By making use of “DaffLibrary” you agree to indemnify the ADS from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages and costs incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened arising from your use of or conduct on “DaffLibrary” and/ or a breach of the Terms and Conditions of use of “DaffLibrary”.
Termination of Access to “DaffLibrary”
- Although the ADS has maintained servers, web sites, and mailing lists for over sixteen years, and intends to continue these service, the ADS may terminate “DaffLibrary” or any other ADS web service if the ADS no longer has the ability to operate the servers or web services of the ADS can not financially support the service.
- The ADS may terminate the provision of “DaffLibrary” or restrict your access to all or any part of “DaffLibrary” if any event beyond its reasonable control prevents the ADS from continuing to provide “DaffLibrary”.
- The ADS retains the absolute right with or without notice to prevent you accessing “DaffLibrary” in part or its entirety where at the sole discretion of the ADS it is considered that you are contravening or have breached the Terms and Conditions of use of “DaffLibrary”.
Non-enforcement of the Rights of the ADS
- In the event that the ADS does not exercise or enforce any right in these Terms and Conditions, this does not waive the ADS’s right to enforce that right at a later date or on another occasion.
Validity of these Terms and Conditions
- If any of the Terms and Conditions for the use of “DaffLibrary” are determined to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States of America which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
If you have any queries concerning any part of our Terms and Conditions please click here: Contact Us